Responsibilities of IASC Principals:
- making strategic and policy decisions which have system-wide implications;
- endorsing major operational decisions, particularly with respect to implementation of the Transformative Agenda (TA);
- arbitration where no consensus can be reached at the Working Group or Emergency Directors levels;
- advocating common humanitarian principles, collectively or individually, on behalf of the IASC;
- approving the general work programme of the IASC, the WG, and the EDG;
- bringing issues to the attention of the Secretary-General and the Security Council, through the ERC; and
- designating Humanitarian Coordinators and selecting coordination arrangements.
The Emergency Relief Coordinator, supported by the IASC Secretariat, consults IASC member agencies on the agenda for IASC Principals Meetings.